Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NOTD: Cracked Matte

I LOVE Matte nails, I also love White nails and I am trying to love crackle polishes.


This look is a more subdued crackle.
The crackle black doesn't come in a matte formula, so to make it tie in with the white matte, I used Essie "Matte About You" as a top coat for the black shatter.

I love this look, I was worried on purchase of the White Matte that it would look too much like "White Out" fluid on my nails, but I don't think it appears that way at all.

Base Coat: Revlon Quick Dry
Coloured Coat: BYS Matte White
Crackle: BYS Cracked Finish Black
Top Coat: [On ring finger only] Essie Matte About You

** Edit: I used 4 thin coats of Matte White on four non-cracked nails to avoid streaking

3 comments:

  1. That white polish looks great, I have never been able to find one that didn't leave major streaks and the "white out" look. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realised I didn't put in how many coats I used.
    I ended up using 4 coats of the white on the four nails I didn't apply the black too.

    I prefer to do really like coats multiple times to avoid streaking/denting the polish - 3 coats would probably be sufficient though

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love :)
Make sure you add a link to your own blog/page so I can check it out

Thanks for reading
xo