Thursday, September 22, 2011

You CAN make friends with Salad

Salad.
That gross, boring, green bowl of stuff you eat for a month before a special occassion to try and shift those sneaky kilos pleading squatters rights on your bottom.

Guess what?

Salad doesn't HAVE to be boring.

I love Salad.
In fact, I'd marry it, and have little balsamic drenched babies with it.
Yep - it's all kinds of awesomesauce and you don't like it because you haven't had a good one!

Basically, there are NO limits.
Add whatever you want, you don't have to be all boring about it.
The more colour the better.
Dressing isn't always bad for you
And my fav piece of advice?
ADD THE UNEXPECTED!



This is my lunch today.





Baby Spinach
Carrot
Cucumber
Spanish Onion
Kalamata Olives
Feta
Basil
Avocado
Mandarin Wedges
And fresh lemon juice squeezed over the top.

It is amazeballs
And only 210 calories!

So, your choice, this Salad OR one cookie from Subway?
Same amount of calories, but I know which one would fill me up longer.

1 comment:

Leave some comment love :)
Make sure you add a link to your own blog/page so I can check it out

Thanks for reading
xo